Sunday, October 12, 2008

Li Ka Shing

Li Ka Shing

He known as 'Superman" in Hong Kong because of his business capability.


The Cheung Kong Holding was named after the Yangtze river that flow through China, a great river that aggregates countless streams and tributaries.


As he said recently,
I loathe the social scene, I don't like cultivating relationship and I'm too emotional. These are weakness in doing business. First, I'm thirst of knowledge.Secondly, I work hard which can compensate for some of weakness. I know what is right from wrong. I long for frugal life. In general, frugal people have more time. This attitude had help me to achieve the best results and best returns for my shareholders.


" To build wealth, you need to control but not own the assets."


" If you think, you will prepared,
If you prepared, you will have no worried."


He is not only good in business but he does always remind and cultivate the people about the important of knowledge. He used to bought secondhand books whenever he had spare money and he absorbed them before trading for more books. Even today, he read before sleep.


He said " Knowledge changed fates ". The reason was knowledge is not a guarantee of lifes of riches but it does open the door for opportunity. Recognised more opportunity is the best that you can expected.


He had build many medical projects and libraries for the society as he know how it feeling to be lonely and helplessly when he see his father suffer and died of tuberculosis. He named it as " Third Child" foundation.

No comments: